2. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide:
• by completing your membership application and renewal form
• by subscribing to our membership services;
• by requesting further information, services or content; and by completing surveys and questionnaires.
• by agreeing to be a PPC for a FMA member (where the PPC is not a member of FMA we will request contact details)
• Registered and attended one of FMA’s training courses and/or annual conference (as a non member).
This includes your title, gender, full name, address and other communication contact information, job title, company affiliation, membership of other professional organisations, and payment records.
Details of your visits to our website. This includes, but is not limited to:
• details of the computer or other device that you are using;
• details of the web browser you are using;
• details of your language settings;
• traffic data;
• location data;
• weblogs; and
• other communication data.
Information provided by reputable third-party data sources such as other members of the Family Mediation Council. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
You can find more about how cookies are used and opting out of their use at: cookies information.
4. Storage of personal data
We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect information from:
• unauthorised access,
• alteration, or
Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases. We also encrypt and anonymise data wherever it is appropriate to do so. We regularly take back-ups of our data. We regularly review overall web security and audit procedures. In conforming with data protection laws, we endeavour to implement appropriate procedures to protect your personal data and to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of it. Our servers, on which your personal data is kept, are located in the United Kingdom. Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted via the internet between us: any such transmission is at your own risk.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with relevant information, products and services of a type that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
• To carry out the requirements of any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to use the interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We are committed to responsible email-sending practices. We only send emails to individuals whose data has been lawfully and fairly obtained. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from us, please use the unsubscribe functionality contained in all of our communications. Alternatively, please contact us by email at:email@example.com.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any United Kingdom-based external organisation that provides us with administration services, which at the moment is and has for many years been the following company: Northern Networking Events Limited, Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, Nasmyth Building, 2nd Floor, 60 Nasmyth Avenue, East Kilbride G75 0QR]. We reserve the right to freely pass the data between ourselves and that company.
We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
• comply with any legal obligation;
• protect the rights, property, or safety of the Family Mediators Association, our customers, or others.
7. Your rights
The data protection legislation gives you a number of rights. These rights include:
• Right to data erasure.
• Right to make a “subject access request”, which is a request for a copy of the data which we hold about you.
• Right of correction (or where appropriate erasure) of data which we hold about you where this is inaccurate.
• Right to data portability.
• Right to withdraw your future consent to our processing your personal data.
• Right to contact and make enquiries of our data protection co-ordinator who can be contacted at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 4 In writing: Data Protection Co-ordinator, Family Mediators Association, c/o Northern Networking Events Limited, Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, Nasmyth Building, 2nd Floor, 60 Nasmyth Avenue, East Kilbride, G75 0QR.
• Right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
• Contract – to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you. If you are not able to provide this data, it is possible that we will be unable properly to perform our side of any contract with you.
• Legitimate Interest – In order to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you and others, we need to collect and process personal data about you.
• Consent – We may also rely on your consent to use your personal data.
8. Data Retention
We normally hold and process your data for a maximum of fifty-six months from the data when you last interacted with our services. In this context “interact” means being a member of FMA or using our website having been a member.
In any event we will stop the processing of your data where you ask us to do so by contacting us at email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Co-ordinator, Family Mediators Association, c/o Northern Networking Events Limited, Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, Nasmyth Building, 2nd Floor, 60 Nasmyth Avenue, East Kilbride G75 0QR. The only circumstance in which we will not do so are where we have a legitimate interest to continue to process your data.
Our websites and email bulletins may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not set and are not responsible for those policies.
9. Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However you should note that we do not have any control over those other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such other websites and such other websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to those other websites.