The FMA is one of the six members of the Family Mediation Council (FMC). The FMC is dedicated to promoting best practice in family mediation. Its central aim is to ensure that the public can confidently access family mediation services offering high quality mediation provided by mediators who meet the FMC’s standards.
All the FMC member organisations are required by the FMC to monitor their individual members and ensure that their family mediators:
- Follow the FMC Code of Practice
- Have completed a family mediator foundation training course recognised by the FMC (for example, the FMA foundation training course).
- Undertake continuous professional development to an appropriate standard
- Receive appropriate supervision and support
- Adhere to a clear complaints procedure
- Hold relevant insurance
- Undertake additional specialist training where required
- Have effective equal opportunities policies.
To read more about the FMC and its work, visit the FMC website.